Mr. Bukey has over 25 years of hands on experience in supply chain, ERP, and JIT systems, lean manufacturing, industrial engineering, manufacturing applications, management consulting and training across many companies and industries.
Mr. Bukey has been involved in extensive number of key projects such as establishing lean manufacturing operations and supply chain management processes, selecting and implementing ERP systems, JIT applications, re-engineering, gap analysis and business improvement roadmaps, scheduling, production planning, inventory control, industrial engineering, and training. He has been listed as supply chain and manufacturing expert by EBRD and evaluates organizations for their capabilities.
Mr. Bukey has pioneered several industry-wide applications such as supply chain readiness, supplier relationship management, sequenced delivery, knowledge assessment and helped many companies ranging from electronics to automotive parts to plastics. Previously, he held an executive management position to lead the operations of a midsize plastic furniture manufacturing company, as MIS Manager at a Japanese-Canadian joint venture, 1st tier automotive parts supplier, as Production Control Manager at a hardware manufacturer, and as Industrial Engineering Manager at an auto parts manufacturer.
Al Bukey is a highly recognized consultant and authorized instructor for all APICS courses and teaches frequently at organizations (including the customized seminars/workshops) in supply chain management, lean manufacturing, 5S, ERP systems selection and implementation, materials management, logistics, JIT, and operations management. He has been recognized by APICS as a "Qualified Instructor" at "Master" level. He has published many articles and given numerous seminars and presentations in his area of expertise.
Mr. Bukey has the following qualification:
- President, APICS Toronto Chapter, 1999-2001
- Professional Engineers Ontario, Practicing as P. Eng. 1995-2009) www.peo.on.ca
- Master of Science Degree, Industrial Engineering, N.C. State University, (1981) www.ncsu.edu
- President, Canadian Society for Industrial Engineering, Toronto Chapter, (1997-1998) www.iienet.org/toronto
- Certified in Integrated Resource Management, CIRM of APICS
- Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management, CFPIM of APICS
- Subject Matter Expert, CSCP of APICS